Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Database performance comparison paper.

> Excerpt from the document:
> 2.  What is compared here - "Apples and Oranges"
> The setups are as standard as can be.  The only principle guiding the installation of all the software is simplicity.  No optimization, no tweaks, no editing of configuration files.
>
> That doesn't sound like a very useful methodology for benchmarking.

The amazing thing is that PostgreSQL still compared favorably, in _spite_
of this obvious configuration bias.

I'm going to have to set up a system and compare a properly tuned MySQL
to a properly tuned PostgreSQL to see what happens ...

--
Bill Moran
Collaborative Fusion Inc.