Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Having a problem with my stored procedure

On Tuesday 13 February 2007 11:35, Laura McCord
<mccordl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Here is a question that I am stumped on:
>
> Does postgres even recognize last_inserted() as mysql does? I notice
> that the function fails on that line.

Not, that's just a MySQL function.  You could, however, look for the
last value of the sequence generator for the table's primary key, which
should be (but may not always be) equivalent.

However, you are doing far more work than necessary getting the
inserted/updated data; you can just access it through the OLD. and NEW.
records already provided to the trigger.

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.2/interactive/plpgsql-trigger.html

--
"If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of
civilization, it expects what never was and never will be." -- Thomas