Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Help compile pgmemcache against PG 8.2

Richard Huxton wrote:
Hannes Dorbath wrote:
http://pgfoundry.org/projects/pgmemcache/

We'd like to use pgmemcache with PG 8.2. The memcached version doesn't matter much (1.2.x is current, 1.1.x would be fine as well).

It fails to build against 8.2 with various errors. The project seems unmaintained and I failed to get any answer from the author. I'm no C developer but with some guess work and google I was able to fix a few things, but not all.

Hmm - Sean Chittenden. He was around in the summer according to the archives. Nothing more recent than that. Sean - you around at present?

If anyone more capable in C could wast a few minutes of his/her time and look at it, we'd really appreciate it. If it's nothing that can be fixed in a few minutes, don't wast your time, we'll look for something else.

Anyone here able to help Hannes?

We (Open Technology Group, Inc.) are now sponsoring development of pgmemcache. Version 1.1beta is on pgfoundry and 1.1 will be released shortly. There is also a version 1.2 on the horizon as well...which should provide some performance improvements as well.

The Open Technology Group, Inc. also provides training - our PostgreSQL Performance & Tuning course covers the installation and use of pgmemcache, as well as numerous other performance related topics.
http://www.otg-nc.com/training-courses/coursedetail.php?courseid=47

--
Chander Ganesan
The Open Technology Group