Search Postgresql Archives

Re: How to allow users to log on only from my application

Furface wrote:

2. Restricting certain tables to certain users. Well that's easy. You just use the "grant" command.

3. Restricting certain columns of certain tables to certain users. This would be something like an "approved" or "active" column where only administrators can set these values. This would have to be done with triggers and procedures.

What I would do here is break the table in two. One table is where the user enters their data, the other is where the admin enters their's and use privileges to stop the user seeing the admin section.

I may think about using an archive table that stores approved timesheets when the admin approves the timesheet, and prevent users access (preventing them from accessing other than current data)

--

Shane Ambler
pgSQL@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Get Sheeky @ http://Sheeky.Biz