Search Postgresql Archives

Re: how to read bytea field

Hi,

marcelo Cortez wrote:
Are you sure you tested with a real bytea field?

 Yeah , i  store bytea using encode function , how you
say .

I never said 'use encode function to store bytea'. I tried to explain that encode returns TEXT.

 The field of my table is bytea type , and store real
bytea data in this field.

That's contradictory to the above. Please show me exactly what you do, please (the INSERT as well as the SELECT you want to use).

I think my mistake was use bytea field.
I thinking in turn this field to text and use
decode/encode for storage binary data.

That sounds like wasting diskspace and I/O bandwith.

Regards

Markus