Search Postgresql Archives

Re: how to read bytea field

marcelo Cortez wrote:
Are you sure you tested with a real bytea field?

 Yeah , i  store bytea using encode function , how you
say .

No, you store using the decode function.

=> \df decode
                      List of functions
   Schema   |  Name  | Result data type | Argument data types
------------+--------+------------------+---------------------
 pg_catalog | decode | bytea            | text, text

 The field of my table is bytea type , and store real
bytea data in this field.
 My problem is , i can't convert this field to text
anymore, not function receiving bytea and return text
exist's.

That's what your encode function should do.

=> \df encode
                      List of functions
   Schema   |  Name  | Result data type | Argument data types
 pg_catalog | encode | text             | bytea, text
(1 row)

What does "\df encode" show for you?
--
  Richard Huxton