Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Installing PostgreSQL under Cpanel

Erick Papadakis wrote:
Right now, if I wish to contribute to the documentation, how do I make
it relevant? Look at MySQL docs, or PHP manual. I can leave comments
in a context-relevant manner -- e.g., check at the bottom of page:
http://sg.php.net/manual/en/ref.pgsql.php.

Have you seen the "interactive" documentation which starts at http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.2/interactive/index.html ?

There are 2 different PG documentation trees on the web site -- the "static" pages (http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.2/static/index.html), which only include the content generated from the documentation source, and the interactive pages which allow users to post comments/clarifications as you desire.

Depending on how you originally found the documentation, you may have come from Google results or found an existing deep link into the static pages, which don't provide any indication that the interactive pages exist.

Andrew

P.S. - Has anyone considered adding links in the documentation so that a given static/interactive documentation page would contain a link to the same page in the interactive/static section? Or at least a link from the static page to the corresponding interactive page?