Re: Using transactions with plpythonu

> What happens if you do:
>
> plpy.execute("BEGIN");
>
> before and after
>
> plpy.execute("COMMIT");
>
> Have a nice day,
> --
Thanks for your reply Martin.
After making my post I decide not to be so lazy and set up a test
environment.
After try exactly what you suggested, I got the following error code
SPI_ERROR_TRANSACTION

A quick search of the documentation and this error code explaination
is;
if any command involving transaction manipulation was attempted (BEGIN,
COMMIT, ROLLBACK, SAVEPOINT, PREPARE TRANSACTION, COMMIT PREPARED,
ROLLBACK PREPARED, or any variant thereof)

So... unless I am missing something, I would suggest you CANNOT us
plpython (or perhaps any other pl language ??) to process transactions
... of course I am a complete newbie, so I am hoping there is someone
more senior on this board that could point the way ??

Thanks again.

G.