Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Runtime error when calling function from .NET ( Function returns record)

dparent <davidp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
> I have a function which returns TYPE RECORD and receives a string. The passed
> string is used to build a dynamic SQL statement and the passed string is the
> SELECT LIST of the built dynamic SQL statement.

> The call works fine from Postgres SQL (PL/PG SQL) but when I make the call
> from .NET (Core labs data provider), I get a runtime error.

It sounds a bit like the .net provider is editorializing on your query :-(.
I'd suggest enabling statement logging on the server to confirm or
refute that.  If it is indeed changing your SQL then complaining to its
authors seems the next step.

			regards, tom lane