Search Postgresql Archives

Re: GUI tool that can reverse engineering schemas

John McCawley wrote:
Here's a little tool I wrote:

http://www.hardgeus.com/projects/pgdesigner/

I have a Windows binary up there. The build process is currently a mess, sorry. It's a pretty decent little tool for quick-and-dirty visualization, which is all I really use it for.

nyenyec wrote:

Hi,

Can anyone suggest a free GUI tool that can reverse engineer a
postgresql schema and show it as a diagram?

It doesn't have to be very sophisticated, I just need to get a quick
understanding of schemas that I'm not familiar with.

Thanks,
nyenyec

TIP 6: explain analyze is your friend
just ran across this today -- may be of use/interest http://schemaspy.sourceforge.net/