Search Postgresql Archives

PgSQL Monitoring( Please let me know the table details )

Hi,
I am working on database monitoring tool using Java, JDBC. We plan to monitor pgSQL also. But i need some details like, where i can get information such as Connection time, Connection statistics, Database Information, Transaction statistics, Cache details from pgSQL and what are the metrics that i can monitor. I mean, in which database tables these details are stored and how can i get it.

Any help on this would be greatly Appreciated.

Thanks,
Baskar.S