Search Postgresql Archives

Re: pg_dump problems

JTyrrell wrote:

pg_dump -a -d testrig > testrig.data

on a machine running postgresql 7.4.13 with database testirg i have no
problem.

Then, I want to do the same but on a different machine running postgresql
7.4.6 with database root. So...

pg_dump -a -d root > root.data

For some reason this doesnt work! The command is running without error, but
the file root.data is always empty. The database does exist and all the data
is there, and I can run psql and do everything I normally do. I've tried
pg_dump with other databases and still get an empty file.

Should work just fine.
1. Does "pg_dump -s" work?
2. Does the user you run this as have permission to dump data from "root"?

--
  Richard Huxton
  Archonet Ltd