Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Second attempt, roll your own autovacuum

Alvaro Herrera wrote:
Glen Parker wrote:

The trouble now is, I don't see how to reset the statistics. My assumption was that vacuum did it, but that appears to be false. How does autovacuum do it? Can I do it with SQL?

Huh, reset what statistics?  Autovacuum does not reset anything.  What
statistics are you using?  The number of dead tuples _should_ show as
zero on the stat system after a vacuum, certainly.

pg_stat_user_tables.[n_tup_ins|n_tup_upd|n_tup_del]. Hmm maybe I'm doing this all wrong then. Is there a way to find the estimated dead tuples from SQL, the same number autovacuum looks at?

-Glen