Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Status of SSL encryption in ODBC driver

John McCawley wrote:
Where would I go to find the connection string settings to turn it on? I have dug around quite a bit, and tried everything I have found, but nothing seems to work, and the docs included with the driver don't seem to cover it.

The easy method is to setup a DSN as required, then connect it with logging enable using any old ODBC app and pull the connection string from the logfile.

IIRC though, you need one of:

sslmode=disable
sslmode=allow
sslmode=prefer
sslmode=require

If you use the first, libpq will not be loaded which means that the other benefits of it (the kerberos support, pgpass.txt etc) will also not be available. The reason it is done this way is to allow the driver to be distributed as a single DLL for those that require the most basic setup. In all other cases, libpq (and it's myriad of supporting DLLs) will be dynamically loaded and used for connection setup.

Regards, Dave.