Search Postgresql Archives

Re: HELP: Urgent, Vacuum problem

On Dec 5, 2006, at 4:09 PM, Scott Marlowe wrote:

I recently tossed 8.1 on my workstation which runs a little reporting
application here.  I pointed the app from 7.4 to 8.1 and got a visit
within about an hour from a user, asking if I'd done anything to my
database.  Worrying that I'd made some mistake and he was getting an

I think you got lucky. We had some issues with the transition from 7.4 to 8.0 due to more strictness of some queries, and some changes in how strings were interpreted as numbers. They were minor issues, but you really need to regression test your app against new major releases of Pg.