To: <pgsql-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, December 04, 2006 3:53 PM
Subject: Re: [GENERAL] PG Admin

On 4 Dec 2006 at 15:40, Bob Pawley wrote:

When a row is deleted the serial number and oid are also deleted. The
sequence then has gaps which are inadmissible.

This is an issue which has come up at various times on this list in
the past - it may be worth having a look through the archives. Here's
one recent thread:

http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-general/2006-08/msg00535.php

--Ray.

Raymond O'Donnell
Director of Music, Galway Cathedral, Galway, Ireland
rod@xxxxxx