Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Postgresql data integrity during RAID10 drive rebuild

On Nov 29, 2006, at 11:56 AM, Steve Poe wrote:

I've never had to replace a disc in an array with Postgresql running on it. LSI says I can replace the disc and do a rebuild while everything is running. I am of course concerned about data integrity/corruption.

This is the whole entire complete purpose you have a RAID card and hot-swap drives:  To make it transparent to the layers above the disk interface.

Has anyone had to rebuild one of their disc in an array of their database?

Yes.  The OS (let alone an application such as the DB) has no clue other than possibly slower response from the mirrored pair being rebuilt.