Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Only MONO/WinForms is a way to go

John DeSoi skrev:

There are highly productive IDEs for the Mac with all the goodies you mention. But few are cross-platform.

Your statement about Windows desktop market share is correct, but it is not the relevant point. Many people are interested in cross-platform tools because they want to serve the Windows desktop market, but not have to give up Linux or OS X to do it.

Personally, I bothered with cross platform for my product because
I wanted to develop it in Windows/Visual studio. I have found nothing
that comes near it on Linux and I'm to old to waste time with emacs
for idealistic reasons. Emacs serves a purpose but not mine.

Best regards,
Marcus