Search Postgresql Archives

Re: A generic trigger to log chanes on database tables

----- Original Message ----- From: "Charles Ambrose" <jamjam360@xxxxxxxxx>

Is there a way that I could create a trigger that logs the changes (updates, deletes) of a table? I mean, I want to put in a table the changes to any table in a database and also put in the table the column that was modified and the corresponding value.

Charles,

You may want to check out the following (may also give you addtional ideas for what you're trying to achieve):

http://www.varlena.com/GeneralBits/104.php
(Logging Audit Changes with Composite Typed Columns).

Regards,
George