Search Postgresql Archives

Re: IS it a good practice to use SERIAL as Primary Key?

This list represents the most informed database admins I know, and while the conversation can easily devolve into minutae, I am genuinely interested in everyone's opinions on this subject. Primary keys are a pretty central aspect of database design, and most everyone on this list has unique experiences with the pros and cons of each approach...I'm pretty interested in the discussion.

Joshua D. Drake wrote:

Please... find something more productive to do.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake