Search Postgresql Archives

Re: How to make a copy of schema

>> In need to add some routine to my application which can create schema
>> copy ?
>
> You can make a pg_dump with option -n Company5, replace in the dump
> Company5 with Company6 and restore this.

I dont have suffix like _schema in my company schema names.
So "Company5" string may be used in places other than schema names so this
does not work.

> Or, make the dump, rename schema Company5 to Company6 and restore then
> the dump.
> Be careful with things like sequences!

Will

ALTER SCHEMA name RENAME TO newname

rename schema names in used in foreign key constaints and triggers and all
other places also ?
Documentation does not describe this.

Andrus.