Search Postgresql Archives

Re: The old Insert and retrieving your Serial problem in

I think it is. There are also functions that will tell you what the sequence for a given field in a given table is (might also be new in 8.1, but you could probably recreate them yourself).

Also, in 8.2 you'll be able to do INSERT ... RETURNING, which can return the id directly back to you.