Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Speed of postgres compared to ms sql, is this

PostgreSQL follows SQL compliance, as does MS SQL Server. 'complicated queries' are left to the creativity of the SQL'er - squeler ;)

There are of course proprietary differences in 'enhancements.'
Some things that you can write in MS SQL, don't apply to Oracle/PostgreSQL/MySQL
and many permutations of the above comment amongst the varying RDBMS'.