Search Postgresql Archives

Re: first steps in PhP and PostgreSQL

[snip]

>   I copy that file to my apache server, in php_experimental/base.php
> and access it via a browser.
>
>   I don't get an error message. I instead get a blank page.

Check the applicable php.ini for where error messages are being sent to.
It's typical on production servers to configure PHP to only send errors
to syslog, or a file, which usually means they end up in httpd-error.log.

When developing, it's usually more convenient to have errors sent to the
browser, which is what it seems you were expecting.

--
Bill Moran
Collaborative Fusion Inc.