Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Weird double single quote issue

Peter wrote:

Allright, the quote_literal() function helped to a certain extent. One field is now always properly formatted, and one other sometimes is quoted... and sometimes is not.

It still feels like internal PG issue to me... we'll try upgrading to latest revision and see what happens...

The only place I can think is some subtle bug in the dollar-quoting code. Otherwise, I think plpgsql just uses the SQL expression evaluator so it can't come up with a different answer. And that doesn't sound likely to me.

If you run that segment of the procedure with some hard-coded values, does it still do it?

--
  Richard Huxton
  Archonet Ltd