Search Postgresql Archives

Re: postgres under Suse linux

Antonios Katsikadamos wrote:
Hi all I am a new linux and postgres user and i don't
know how i canconfigure the postgres on suse linux in
order to make it run.

I would be thankful for any tip.

Antonios,

Finally I have installed successfully PostgreSQL 8.1.5 under a clean OpenSUSE 10.0 64-bit system. I had some problems since I'm new to Linux (at least if ignoring some years of superior comfort desktop click-click on Linux/KDE)... despite that I could build PostgreSQL even from sources. And I achieved that it is started at given runlevels. It costed me some days during the last weeks, but I'm a bit proud of it now ;-)

If you have still questions on installation and configuration in more details, please ask in this list (CC me, pls.). I guess some of the problems I had could be the same at your installation.

Anastasios