Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Modifying SQL parser with extensions?

Richard Troy wrote:
Our package lets you pass individual statements or entire files full
of SQL with embeded comments as it's not that uncommon among SQL
dialects - they're just stripped out before getting to the engine, as
Alvaro suggested.

Unfortunately I need the information in the statement to sort the result set in a certain way later on. Sorry, I should have mentioned that from the beginning.

This whole thing I want to implement was already written as a proxy JDBC driver - from parser to result sorter - and works quite fine. I am now investigating if it's possible to implement it directly in an RDBMS, i.e. PostgreSQL.

Regards,
Matthias