Search Postgresql Archives

Re: ERRORDATA_STACK_SIZE exceeded

Hello Shane,

Shane Ambler wrote:
Stefan Sassenberg wrote:
Hello,

I've got a failing sql-Script that I execute with the psql command. The Script contains:

----------------------------8<-----------------------------
SET CLIENT_ENCODING = 'LATIN1';

<snip>

The database that script is applied to is UTF8 encoded.

Stefan Sassenberg wrote:
 > As I see it, ERRORDATA_STACK_SIZE is a constant that is defined in the
 > code (pgsql/src/backend/utils/error/elog.c) as 5. 5 illegal bytecodes
 > that postgresql finds in my statement are enough to cause the panic.

Could the difference between CLIENT_ENCODING = 'LATIN1' and database_encoding = UTF8 create the illegal bytecodes?

I just found a way to get a similar error -
create db with utf8 encoding
save file with the create table command - save as unicode-utf16

I then get -
%>psql enctest < test
ERROR:  invalid byte sequence for encoding "UTF8": 0xfe

In my case, the illegal byte code is 0xbb. I used hexdump|grep to find occurrences of "bb" in my file script file but there isn't any.

I'm using that way of writing and encoding scripts for years. Nothing seems to have changed.

Stefan