Search Postgresql Archives

Re: pg_locks: who is locking ?

Alvaro Herrera escreveu:
Alexandre Arruda wrote:
Hi,

My Database have a lot of locks not granted every moments in a day.

Can I create a view that returns someting like this ?

User	Granted	Table	Who_is_locking_me  PID
----	-------	-----	-----------------  ---
joe	f	foo	frank              1212
jeff	f	foo	frank              1313
ann	f	foo	frank              1414
frank	t	foo		           1111
(...)

(Or the locked transactions, if the table cold't be retrived)

You can look up more data about a backend by joining pg_locks to
pg_stat_activity, using the PID (I think it's called procpid on one view
and pid on the other).

Hi,

But pg_stat_activity joined with pg_locks only give me informations about the lock itself.
Realy, I want a (possible) simple information: Who is locking me ?

Today, I *presume* this information by manually search the pg_locks:

1) Search for the locked tables
2) Search for all lock GRANTED to this tables
3) Generally, the older PID is the locker

Not so smart, I think. :)

Best regards,

Alexandre