Search Postgresql Archives

Schema - update search_path

Hey guys,

I would like to know a good way of updating or appending the schema names in the search path, Right now I do a show search_path, get the names of all the schemas, and then set search path; adding the new schema.

I'm in the process of integrating a few systems and will need to continuously add new schemas. The manual method above is pretty tiring and prone to errors and all that.

Looking through the mailing list I see that this question has been asked before but I don't see an answer.

Thanks.