Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Running PostgreSQL in a Xen DomU?

My database needs are probably less than yours, but I've had zero issues running postgres inside a domU. I'm not using SAN, but instead DRBD to replicate data at the block level between dom0s. I haven't tried migrating the domU from one machine to another without rebooting it, but the shutdown/move/startup process works quite well for me.

I had some concerns that xen's virtual disk i/o speed wouldn't be fast enough... but my database performance has never been bad enough that I had to actually see how fast my domU can do i/o.