Search Postgresql Archives

Re: counting days

Perhaps you are trying to count business days? Those vary around the world and you would certainly need a table to hold the holidays and such. If you just want to count the number of non-weekend-days, then get the interval as days and then it's a simple matter of math:

2*daysInterval/7+(daysInterval % 7 == 6 ? 1 : 0)

This holds assuming you are using dates and not timestamps- you may wish to subtract 1 depending on what the dates represent.

-M