Search Postgresql Archives

Re: What's special about 1916-10-01 02:25:20? Odd jump in internal timestamptz representation

On 18/08/06, Tom Lane <tgl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
"Magnus Hagander" <mha@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> No, it's a work of a simplistic perlscript IIRC. It simply looked for
> the first match it could find, based on the list found in the registry
> (the whole concept is a bit of an ugly hack, but it's the best we could
> come up with). If there is a more fitting timezone for it, it should be
> changed.

I guess the question is whether, when Windows is using this setting,
it tracks British summer time rules or not.  Would someone check?

                        regards, tom lane

What would a reasonable check be? I can start the Windows command
prompt and type "time /t" which gives me the current local time
(adjusted for daylight savings). In the Windows Date/Time dialogue
there is a "Automatically adjust clock for daylight saving changes"
checkbox, which is checked. I don't know what registry setting this
maps to, though.

Alistair