Search Postgresql Archives

Re: LISTEN considered dangerous

Ian Harding wrote:
NOTIFY interacts with SQL transactions in some important ways.
Firstly, if a NOTIFY is executed inside a transaction, the notify
events are not delivered until and unless the transaction is
committed. This is appropriate, since if the transaction is aborted,
all the commands within it have had no effect, including NOTIFY. But
it can be disconcerting if one is expecting the notification events to
be delivered immediately.

Yes, that's very nice, but it doesn't have *anything* to do with what I posted about.

I'm bothered by listen listening from the end of the transaction in stead of the start of the transaction.

--
 Regards Flemming Frandsen - http://dion.swamp.dk - YAPH