Search Postgresql Archives

Autovacuum Logging Info?

Hi, I've been trying to see whether or not autovacuum is vacuuming all of my tables, and how often (for my peace of mind). I can see that it is running, but I don't know what it's doing. There are a handful of key tables in our database which suffer quite a bit if their not vacuumed regularly (at least once a day). I see that there's been quite a bit of discussion recently about this, and in a previous discussion about this, Bruce Momjian raised the question of what people want to see. I would like to see which tables were autovacuumed, when they were vacuumed, and maybe some of the summary information which is displayed in the last few lines of the current vacuum analyze verbose. This is information I could get currently by running vacuum analyze verbose (summary info from last few lines) and through my cron settings (db, tables, and when vacuum is run).

Until this is resolved, I guess that I'll turn up my logging and start to browse log files.

My two cents :)

Ron