Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Version/Change Management of functions?

--On July 7, 2006 12:35:53 PM +0000 Roman Neuhauser <neuhauser@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

# mloftis@xxxxxxxxx / 2006-07-06 22:41:27 -0600:
OK I know this is an odd question but I'm working on an app that will
rely  more and more on database driven functions, and while the app's
source is  in SVN, and I intend for the source of the SQL scripts to
also be there, I  was wondering...what are people doing for version
control and change  management on their custom (esp PL/pgSQL and say
PL/Perl) functions?

    Well, "people" use a version control system.

    Do you have any specific questions?

Yes, how exactly do you use it. Since there's no way to directly control whats in the DB via a VCS, further, how do you verify that what is in the DB is also in the VCS, etc? (I'm intentionally asking a bit of a 'dumb' question because I really want to find out exactly what others are doing).