Search Postgresql Archives

Do checkpoints flush all data from shared buffers ?

Hello,
I was wondering if each checkpoint would flush all transactions from the shared buffers or if there could be some left at the end of the checkpoint ? Because i was trying to lower I/Os of the disks, i got the checkpoint timeout lowered to 150 seconds so i get twice the number the checkpoint. I was hoping it would reduce the number of I/Os on the disks because there would be less data to write in datafiles...

Thanks in advance for your help

regards,
           Fabrice Franquenk