Search Postgresql Archives

Re: RAID + PostgreSQL?

Alex Turner wrote:

As an aside note, I would consider a 13 disk RAID 5 a high risk solution. If you loose just two drives of 13 at the same time, your data is all gone. If you loose one drive, your array goes into degraded mode and your read and write performance goes to hell, and your machine

Well we have a hot standby disk.

Second thing might be to post an explain analyze so that we can have a look at the query and see what's up. May be some of the tunning gurus can give good hints on things missing, like indexes and analyzingness, or general query structure.

Oh it is using indexes, but it is still painfully slow.