Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Form builder?

This is no small task.

But that a mans reach should exceed his grasp...

All of that being said, if you want to do it yourself, I would still
claim that you'd get there a lot faster adopting Andromeda, because all
you are really trying to do is embellish what we've already done.

The problem with Andromeda are three fold, the last being trivial and
brekaing the camels back for me:

1.  I don't know Andromeda, while I kind of know Python/Tk

2.  Andromeda is not an item in the standard Linux style toolkit,
while Python/Tkinter is part of the system level installations on most
Linuxes, and is easily installed on Windows and Macs.

3.  I can't get Andromeda to compile on my installation of Gentoo.

I am still figuring out the vagaries of Tkinter, but I think my
approach will involve mapping a little language of table names,
modifiers, and connecting operators  to a sequence of forms.   I think
I can do a little magic in propagating fields chosen in early forms
down to defaults in later forms in a sequence to get the effect of
entering, say, a student and her three classes.

I will announce to the list if I get a working prototype.