Search Postgresql Archives

Re: pgsql user change to postgres

Tom Lane wrote:
Plan B is to leave the pgsql user alone and add another superuser named
postgres.  You can have more than one superuser ...

Yes, that's what my hosting provider (hub.org, which also hosts postgresql.org) seems to have done. This also avoids another minor problem: initdb on UNIX appears to create a 'postgres' database regardless of who runs the procedure (aside from template0 and template1; I don't have a 'postgres' database on Windows and since it's been a year I don't recall what the Windows initdb did). So when the 'pgsql' user invokes psql without specifying a database, there's no 'pgsql' database to be found.

Joe