Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Out of memory error in 8.1.0 Win32

Tom Lane wrote:

Hmm.  One of the things that's on my TODO list is to make the planner
smarter about drilling down into sub-selects to extract statistics.
I think that's what's called for here, but your example has eliminated
all the interesting details.  Can you show us the actual query, its
EXPLAIN plan, and the definitions of the tables/views involved?

I've already altered the queries that ran into this problem.  I'll
dig the old ones out of CVS and send them to you tomorrow.

-- todd