Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Changing encoding of a database

Hi Tomi.

Thanks for your answer, I was not aware of such a tool.

The next question at this point is (of course): what is the problem if
I have blob? Should I recode them as well?

Regards
Marco

On 6/20/06, Tomi NA <hefest@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 6/19/06, Marco Bizzarri <marco.bizzarri@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I all.
>
> We've PostgreSQL database, with SQL_ASCII or LATIN1 encoding. We would
> like to migrate them to UNICODE. Is there some contributed/available
> script, or this is something we should do at hand?
>
> Regards
> Marco

If you don't have blobs in your database, dump it to insert
statements, use the recode tool to recode your data, create a new
database based on UTF8 and load the data.

t.n.a.

--
Marco Bizzarri
http://notenotturne.blogspot.com/