Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Adding foreign key constraints without integrity

BTW, I do appreciate any and all suggestions.  I hope my last message didn't
come across otherwise.  That's not what was intended.  It's just that
adding/replacing hardware is not an option right now.   Maybe next year...
I'm still trying to dig up another 2GB memory.

The database actually performs extremely well with the current hardware in
the vast majority of cases.  I just wish I could cut off the wasted 40+
hours adding the foreign key constraints - it would cut the reload time in
half.

It's too bad the suggestion of creating the FK before hand didn't pan out.
That looked like a good shot.

Wes