Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Relation "tablename" does not exist

On Jun 15, 2006, at 15:52 , Johan van der Merwe wrote:

My code is as follows:

Could you explain a bit more what this code is? Is it Java? Python? What does it do? I know it's not SQL, and I'm guessing it's some kind of ORM, but without more information I really don't know how to help (and perhaps others are having the same trouble).

I receive the error "Relation "tblSuburb" does not exist"

What is the name of the table in the database itself? Can you provide an example of SQL that *does* do what you want? Or perhaps some psql output showing the table definition for "tblSuburb"? There's a chance that it's a quoting problem: your code is calling "tablSuburb" (with double-quotes, which tells the server to look for a case-sensitive match) and your table is actually named "tblsuburb". PostgreSQL downcases all unquoted identifiers.

Hope this helps a bit.

Michael Glaesemann
grzm seespotcode net