Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Problem in Pg 8.1.4 with CREATEDB

Bruce Momjian wrote:
Pit M�ller wrote:
Hello !
We have a very sophisticated setup for our software which needs to install databases on a PostgreSQL Server if the user chooses PG as database system. This setup worked fine on 8.1 to 8.1.3 but fails now with 8.1.4. It looks like the problem is caused by CREATEDB, which seems to hang.
Does anyone know this problem ?

Is this Win32?  Is it perhaps prompting for a password from the
terminal, but you used to pipe in the password.  That changed in 8.1.4
on Win32.

Yes, thats absolutely right.
How can we set the password for CREATEDB now, ? Any suggestions ?
I think in V8.0 there was a simple command line parameter for the password, but that changed in V 8.1. Why have they changed such an important behaviour between two service packs ?

Pit