Search Postgresql Archives

Re: List of countries (WAS: National Number to text conversion)

brian ally wrote:

I was thinking the same. But Bob's reply has me wondering if there are any online resources for this sort of thing. Specifically, i have a look-up table, with most (possibly all - i don't know) countries' 2-letter ISO codes and english names. Just this weekend, i've learned that i'll require the names in french, as well. I'd thought about feeding the names to Babelfish, but, if such a list exists somewhere that'd be a real time saver.

Do you mean something like

http://www.iso.org/iso/en/prods-services/iso3166ma/02iso-3166-code-lists/list-fr1-semic.txt

Unfortunately the list is in ALL CAPS. I believe I can extract a decapitated version from one of my systems, if you have time to wait until tomorrow.

/Nis