Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Restricting access to rows?

Benjamin Smith wrote:
How can I set up a user so that Bob can update his records, without letting Bob update Jane's records? Is it possible, say with a view or some other intermediate data type?

I've done something similar using a separate control table where I set what accounts an user can "see", then I wrote a psql that returns just the rows for that especific user, it could also be done with pure SQL joins tough.

--
Sinceramente,
Josué Maldonado.

... "Si me engañas una vez, tuya es la culpa. Si me engañas dos, la culpa es mía." -- Anaxágoras.