Search Postgresql Archives

gentoo and 8.x

Does anybody know when postgresql 8.1 will be considered stable on gentoo for x86? Gentoo, as a community-based distro with a unique perspective, usually seems to lag behind even important upgrades as 8.14. On 86 platform, it should be ok, although I would bring in code from postgresql and just work it into your system. We have had no problems with any earlier version on our gentoo serves, but we also lag behind in our production environments because of minor dependencies in user applications higher up the stack.

Another question would be does anybody know of any instability of postgresql 8.1 unstable for gentoo x86? Poor terminology use by gentoo, no doubt designed to keep everything in more or less sync for those who rely on emerge.

Does anybody have it working in a production environment?

we remain at an earlier version by design.
Michael