Search Postgresql Archives

Re: Triggers in C - Segmentation Fault

Hi,

I have done the below command and restarted the server and built my
triggers with the -g command using gcc, but I cannot seem to find any
core files nor any reference to where postgres may place them. Where
would they normally appear?

Cheers
Chris

Probably the easiest thing to do is make sure your functions are
compiled with debugging and enable core dump by running "ulimit -S -c
unlimited" before starting the server. You can then use gdb to
pin-point where it dies...