Search Postgresql Archives

Re: GUI Interface

Kenneth Downs wrote:
Tony Caduto wrote:

Dave Page wrote:

Only runs on Windows though doesn't it?

Regards, Dave

Hardly a limitation since Linux and other Unix based operating systems account for a trivial percent of the desktop market.

I guess it depends on your definition of trivial. Linux represents 100% of the desktops at Secure Data Software. Therefore lightning will be deployed in the trivial percentage of zero.

Well even more then that. The market that Tony is going after he *thinks* runs Windows, it doesn't.

The majority of people out there that run PostgreSQL are running *nix.
Yes, the majority of downloads we have received over the past two years is Windows. However that number is completely false because all major *nix (Including Solaris, FreeBSD, OpenBSD, MacOSX and Linux) ship with PostgreSQL.

I would actually, probably purchase pgLightning if it ran on Linux but sense it doesn't.... he is out of luck and frankly, so am I because it is a good product.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

TIP 2: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster

                    http://www.commandprompt.com/